I just love it when I hear about how much ladies in the network value our fantastic community. Helena from Vitality Fitness has written an article highlighting just that. Read on…..
Having been a member of The Maidenhead Business Girls for over a year now, I cannot advocate strongly enough the power of Business Networking. Although I now run my own business here in Maidenhead – Vitality Health and Fitness, I worked as a Marketing Director for over 15 years for one of the largest Fitness Equipment Companies in the World – Technogym.
I learned very early on, that Business Networking is a really valuable way to expand your knowledge, learn from the success of others, gain new clients, build great client relationships and tell others about your business.
As a Result of attending the January Maidenhead Business Girls meeting I took on three new personal training clients, two more people joined my group sessions, I have started working with three other fantastic professional individual women who can actually help me grow my business.
Most exciting of all, I met Debbie Gobbett from Press Play Online who has been working with me and my clients to produce a professional corporate video for my business.
Check it out for yourself and get an idea of what Debbie could do for your business!
If you are still not convinced that getting involved with business networking can help your business, can you afford to miss these opportunities?
- Generation of referrals/ Increased Business – Referrals are high quality and most of the times are even pre-qualified for you. You can then follow-up on these referrals/leads and turn them into clients. So you are getting much higher quality leads from networking than other forms of marketing.
- Connections – “It’s not WHAT you know, but WHO you know”. This is so true in business. If you want a really successful business, then you need to have a great source of relevant connections in your network that you can call on when you need them.
- Advice – Having like-minded business owners to talk to also gives you the opportunity to get advice from them on all sorts of things related to your business or even your personal life and obtaining that important work-life balance.
- Raising your profile – Being visible and getting noticed is a big benefit of networking. Make sure you regularly attend business and social events that will help to get your face known. You can then help to build your reputation as a knowledgeable, reliable and supportive person by offering useful information or tips to people who need it.
- Positive Influence– The people who you hang around with and talk to do influence who you are and what you do, so it is important to be surrounding yourself with positive, uplifting people who help you to grow and thrive as a business owner.
- Increased confidence – By regularly networking, and pushing yourself to talk to people you don’t know, you will get increased confidence the more you do this.
- Satisfaction from helping others – I really love helping other people, and networking is a fantastic way that allows me to do this easily. Networking is full of business owners that have problems or issues within their business that need solving, and there is great satisfaction from helping someone to solve a problem they have and get a fantastic result from it.
- Friendship – Lastly, this one is more personal related rather than business related, but is a big benefit none-the-less. Many friendships form as a result of networking because you are all like-minded business owners that want to grow your businesses, and you meet and help each other regularly, so naturally strong friendships tend to form. Some of my strongest friendships have been started from networking.
To find out more about Helen from Vitality Fitness please click HERE.
To find out more about Debbie from Press Play Online please click HERE.