We have teamed up with Lisa Long our very first Business Girls Ambassador to create an exciting competition inspired by the power of inspirational words. During any time of struggle, quotes can motivate us to continuing moving forward when we may be tempted to quit. Whether the hard times last a week, a month, a year, or even just a moment, quotes can sometimes mean the difference between giving up or having the courage to carry on with determination. As Truman Capote once wrote, “To me, the greatest pleasure of writing is not what it’s about, but the inner music the words make.” We are in search of your most inspirational quotes. These quotes will hold the essence of what it is like to take the journey of founding and running a small business. These quotes will inspire you, motivate you, and raise a “that’s me!” in your heart. The top quotes will be featured on our website in the new #MoreThanQuotes gallery which will be launching soon and also on social media platforms.
As with any real competition, there are prizes to be won! The winner of the “More Than Quotes” competition will receive their quote hand typographer by Lisa and given an unframed A3 print and a sweatshirt from More Than Word’s new clothing line, both featuring the quote. The shortlisted entries will all receive a print of their submitted quote as well. See below for competition terms and conditions.
We are beyond excited about working with Lisa, and we know that you will find yourselves inspired by the great work she has done and the work that she continues to do. Thank you all for your continued support of women in business. We look forward to reading all of your inspirational quotes!
Founder – The Business Girls Network
“More Than Quotes” Competition Terms & Conditions:
- The Competition is open to all ladies worldwide who own a small business.
- All entries must be submitted by May 2nd 2016 at 12pm (GMT) by posting on our Facebook page facebook.com/thebusinessgirlsnetwork or by tweeting using our Twitter handle @bizgirlsnetwork or by emailing email@example.com. Entries submitted through any other medium will not be considered for entry.
- The following competition hashtags will be used #bizgirlsnetwork #morethanquotes #morethanword.
- Entries submitted via Facebook must be posted on The Business Girls Network Facebook page.
- All entries and the winning quote will become the intellectual property of TBGN, and the entrants cannot exercise any right over their entry after submission or acceptance of a prize. All entries and the prize-winning quote will be used by TBGN for promotional and display purposes for online and offline media, and also for any other use as may be deemed appropriate for the initiative.
- Multiple entries by the same participant will be considered.
- The participant must be the same person who has created the quote. Any plagiarism will not be allowed.
- Please note that the quote must be original and should not violate any provision of the copyright act.
- Anyone found infringing on others’ copyright will be disqualified from the competition.
- TBGN reserve the right to cancel or amend all or any part of the Competition or the Terms & Conditions.
- TBGN maintains the right to use your entry in several ways, including the right to copy, reproduce, modify, adapt, and otherwise communicate it to the public, including via our website and publicity materials and on Facebook and other social media platforms, but for the avoidance of doubt we shall not commercially exploit your entry.
- You agree to take part in and cooperate with a reasonable amount of publicity or other promotional activity with us, and agree that we may publish your name and hometown name, and any photographs, films and/or recordings made by us or on our behalf and featuring you and/or your entry.
- You agree that we have no obligation to use your design and may edit, alter, adapt, manipulate, modify or otherwise deal with your design (or any portion of it) in any manner in which we see fit.
- By submitting your entry, you are agreeing to the above terms and conditions.
- TBGN & MTW will choose a shortlist of entries that will then be given to the public to vote the winning entry. The shortlisted entries will be posted onto TBGN & MTW websites and social platforms for voting by May 9th.
- Voting will close on May 11th.
- Winner will be announced on May 17th.