#InstaBizGirls is the first Instagram challenge we are running. It’s a month long challenge and is aimed at business owners. The game plan is that you get to create a bunch of content every day that will enable you to shout out about YOU and YOUR business! It gives people watching an insight into who you are, what makes you and your business tick and what your passions are. We want to get to know more about you. We want to feel we know your business better. That is what this is all about! Stick with the challenge if you can!
The challenge begins on Sunday 1st April and finishes on 30th April. It is open to absolutely everyone. Tag all of your posts with the hashtag #InstaBizGirls to join in the fun.
Now if you are being really organised, you could create the content and plan ahead to avoid any stress or you could just go with the flow as its the Easter holidays.
Here’s the list of daily prompts with a brief explanation of what you could include for each theme.
Date | Theme
- Me – Let’s see YOU. The person behind the business.
- My why – WHY do you do run a small business? WHY did you set it up? Let’s see your WHY.
- My business launch date – When did you launch your business? Are you a newbie or an oldie.
- My reason for setting up a business – What was the main reason you set up your business? This is different to your WHY.
- My location (geography) – Where do you operate your business from? Where in the country are you? Let’s see where you are from.
- My logo – Share your logo. Is there a story behind it?
- My workspace – We would love to see where you work. Doesn’t matter if its from your kitchen table or somewhere else. Let’s see it!
- My routine – Share a part of your daily routine. Give us an insight into your day. Maybe you work all day or just a few hours to fit around childcare. Maybe you go out for a walk in the morning.
- My favourite – What’s the bit about your business that you love the most?
- My customer – What does your typical customer avatar look like? Let’s be creative and visualise this!
- My dream – Share your business dream with us.
- My time off – What do you do when you take a day off. Where do you go? What do you do? Who do you hang out with?
- My goal – What’s your end game? Do you even set goals?
- My achievement – Share something that you have achieved in your business. Can be a tiny step or a massive milestone.
- My product or service – Share something that shows us whether you have a product or service. Easier for product businesses. Service driven businesses – can be creative!
- My boomerang – get creative on boomerang! Share something in your business.
- My Inspiration – Who or what inspires you to keep going if you are having a rough day?
- My day – Share something that you are working on today.
- My tribe – Who are you tribe? Who are you go to people when the going gets tough?
- My top tip – Share a helpful tip that might help somebody else.
- My behind the scenes – Gives us an insight into what you do to create a product or how your plan to deliver your service.
- My lesson – What’s the biggest lesson you can share about running a business?
- My video – Share an video about you or your business. Any video!
- My story – Sum up your story in one photo. Yep this one is hard!
- My win – Share a win with us however big or small.
- My plan – Do you have a plan? What is it? Does it keep changing? Show us what your plan looks like.
- My mission – What is your mission, vision, purpose, passion? What always sits in the back of your mind and you always go back to?
- My disaster – What’s the biggest business decision you have made? What didn’t work? Share it with us.
- My love – What do you love the most about your business?
- My business – Sum up in one post – YOUR business.
We will be be running sessions in the members group to support the challenge and members will be getting some helpful tips on how to create the content, the tech side of instagram and general advice on getting the most out of the challenge. These will be short live sessions or pre-recorded videos. There will be lots of banter relating to the challenge! There will be some preparation sessions from 29th to 31st March. Here’s the full schedule for the members group:
These sessions would not be possible without our incredible contributors:
Jodie Humphries from Jodie Humphries Digital Marketing.
Liz Holland from Elevate with Liz.
Sarah Sangster from Sangster Digital.
Anna Verghese from Isanda Consulting.
Isobel Burns from Online Social Media Marketing & Training.
Cat Burchmore from Cat Burchmore Social Media.
NB. The Business Girls Network cannot take any responsibility for any last minute changes to the schedule in the members group. Sometimes things happen which are beyond our control. Any changes will be updated to this page on the website.
Non-members will be given access to the members group for April ONLY so they can join the sessions AND will have access to the Insta Content during this period right up until 30th April. All the live sessions and videos will remain in the group for this period. There will be approx 15 sessions during this period. Having access to the members group means you also get to experience what it’s like in the members group. There will be lots of banter surrounding the challenge and you can benefit from this and ask questions relating to the challenge. It’s a fantastic way to get to grips with using Instagram!
NB: ANYBODY can take part in the challenge. You don’t have to join the members group, you can still participate!
Most of all have fun with it and make sure you include the hashtag #InstaBizGirls AND include #TheBusinessGirlsNetwork if you are feeling kind. There may be a prize or two at the end!